Museum logo
Museum logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object ID W.2015.13.2
Name Bar
Description Wooden cylinder 2' long and 2 1/8" diameter taken from the cupola of the museum building during the 1980 renovations. Painted black. It was used as a cover for the mast of the weathervane. It dates back probably to the late 19th c.
Date ca 1870
Notes The object has been stored at the North Bennett Street School since ca 1980. It was recovered by Richard Smith (2015 architect) from Robert Adams (1980 contractor and 2015 consultant.)